These fragments were first published by Martin in 1908.
Subsequently they were purchased by the Textile Museum in Washington,
D.C. and still remain there.
Plate Four was originally from the collection of Imry
Schwaiger and it has languished in the Museum since 1927. The Schwaiger
fragment reveals they were parts of an unusual shaped carpet, probably
octagonal, that was very large.
A third piece of the same carpet is in the Boston Museum
of Fine Arts and is, as yet, unpublished.