PLATE TWENTY-SIX


Click For Larger Image

This carpet was exhibited at the great London Exhibition of Persian Art in 1931 and until 1939 was in the possession of the Polish government. Formerly it was in the collection Prince Branicki from which it draws its name.

The original carpet must have been over 10 meters long and has an all-silk construction.